Jerry Yan Fan Meet in Manila 2004

My first time to see Jerry Yan at NBC Tent for Bench endorsement. I ask my brother Azrael to cover the event. His first experience in vlogging! I'll write a blog post about this memorable-chaotic-unforgettable experience!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Updates from World Vision Taiwan Blog

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Jerry Yan, newly appointed World Vision Asia ambassador for child sponsorship, is leaving for Mongolia with 15 media and World Vision delegates from Taiwan on Oct. 24, to be joined by a Singapore crew of 5 in Ulaanbaatar, for a weeklong project visit.

Wearing a t-shirt exclusive to his fan club, Jerry said at the airport before departure, "For me this is an unusual journey, and I'm very much looking forward to it."

"From the information provided by World Vision, I know it is not an easy trip," he added, "but I believe by personally meeting the children and experiencing how their life is like, I will gain myself and learn to value what I possess."

Packed in his luggage are lots of gifts he is bringing to children in Mongolia. He explained, "Just some toys and stationery, nothing of big value to us, but something impoverished children in Mongolia really want for."

Know as a very soft-hearted man, Jerry admitted that he could become very emotional when standing in front of all the realities that he has just read about from given information. However, he said, "I will play magic tricks to the children in hardship, hoping to bring a little fun to them."

http://esponsorship.worldvision.org.tw/


More Pictures visit:
http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/worldvisiontaiwan

No comments:

Post a Comment