Jerry Yan Fan Meet in Manila 2004

My first time to see Jerry Yan at NBC Tent for Bench endorsement. I ask my brother Azrael to cover the event. His first experience in vlogging! I'll write a blog post about this memorable-chaotic-unforgettable experience!

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

【说性格】About Character - Part 3

【说性格】About Character - Part 3

thanks to kym@nbbbs.com

“虽然我家里穷,但是我不要让别人看不起”
“Although my family was poor but I won’t let others look down on me.”

[父亲早逝后,言承旭成了家里唯一的男生。家庭的贫困,自身的好强,让言承旭过着和大多数人不一样的童年,“十几岁的时候,别人在联谊,我要坐两个小时的公车去打工”。他从小就逼自己要独立,要赚钱养家。关于他的“冷”和“坏”,他是这么解释的:“很多人会觉得我很冷,但其实这个冷是因为我真的不知道应该怎样表达。”]
{Jerry Yan became the only male in his family as his fathers passed away. With a poor family background and his strong character, he had a different kind of childhood. “Around my teens when others have gone to parties, I have to take a 2 hour bus ride to work.” He was forced to be independent to support his family. As to his ‘cold’ and ‘bad’, he explained it this way, ‘Many feel that I am cold but it’s just that I really don’t know how to express myself.’}

羊城晚报:你一直很受欢迎,会不会对别人的喜欢感到麻木?
Sina News : You have always been very popular but are you numb to those that you like?

言承旭:麻木倒不至于。我其实到现在一直都不了解:为什么我这么糟,还是有那么多人支持?(笑)
Jerry Yan : Not really numd. Till now, I still don’t understand how could so many support me and yet I’m still not good enough? (Laughs)

羊城晚报:你的个性为什么那么内敛呢?
Sina News : Why are you such an introvert?

言承旭:可能小时候家里教导我们要“自重,自爱,自律”吧……
Jerry Yan : Since young, we’ve been taught to be ‘respectful, cautious and disciplined’. . . . . .

羊城晚报:小时候贫穷的家境对你现在的性格有影响吗?
Sina News : So has your poor family background affected your present personality?

言承旭:进入这一行的时候,我的家境真的不是很好。我从小就要在外面工作,可能我心里有一种信念是:“虽然我家里穷,但是我不要让别人看不起。”所以在学校,我从小到大都当班长;打球呢,打过校队。我心里边有一个很好强的言承旭。
Jerry Yan : My family isn’t very well-off even when I had entered this Line. I have worked since young and so in my heart I had always believed that though my family is poor but I can’t let others look down on me. In school, I’ve always been the monitor. In basketball, I was team captain. So in my heart, I’ve always wanted to be the Jerry Yan at his strongest.

羊城晚报:你曾说跟妈妈的关系像兄妹,是无话不谈的那种吗?
Sina News : You’ve said that your relationship with your mum is like siblings who talk about everything?

言承旭:不是,相反是有话不谈。因为是单亲家庭,爸爸很早就过世,家里就我一个男生,所以我要变成“当家男生”的那个角色。到最后,我跟我妈就是这样 ———我妈变成了我妹妹!但这也造成了我的另一个缺点,我在情感上的表达很糟糕。如果我妈妈身体不舒服,我就会骂她,叫她去看医生。其实你知道,我那个骂并不是真的骂,而是心疼她。
Jerry Yan : No, it is just the opposite. As I’m from a single parent family, my dad passed away early on and so I was the only male. I took on the role of the family provider. So in the end, my mum and I become like – she became my younger sister! This in fact is something negative. My way of expressing my emotions is very inapt. Like if my mum is ill, I would scold her and ask her to see the doctor. I’m not really scolding her you know. My heart just aches as she is ill.

羊城晚报:你会对妈妈表达情感吗?
Sina News : Do you express how you feel to your mum?

言承旭:我不会说:“妈妈我爱你。”我不是一个擅长说甜言蜜语的人,这也是我在情感表达上一个很大的障碍。我的情感是放在心里的,所以很多人会觉得我很冷,但其实是因为我真的不知道该怎样去表达。
Jerry Yan : I won’t say, ‘Mum, I love you.’ I’m not glib-tongued and feel that I’m handicapped in expressing my feelings. I keep how I feel to myself and so many feel that I am very cold. In truth, it’s just that I don’t know how to express myself.

羊城晚报:现在改变一点了吗?
Sina News : Has that changed now?

言承旭:以前真的很不开心,现在慢慢变得开心了,我觉得自己慢慢变成“大男孩”。我平常在剧组会跟大家玩,会讲笑话,我觉得自己越来越像学生时代的言承旭,是个无忧无虑的大男孩,而不是被逼着变成别人期望的那个言承旭。以前做访问的时候,我会认为别人越不了解我越好,可能是自我保护吧;现在不管是记者还是工作人员,我都能很真诚、很认真地跟人家聊天。
Jerry Yan : I was really unhappy in the past but I have gradually become happier. I feel that I’m slowly becoming more like ‘a big kid’. Like I would usually joke with the crew or fool around. I feel that I’m becoming more like who Jerry Yan was in my school days. Like a big kid who worries about nothing and not someone who is forced to become what others want Jerry Yan to become. Like during interviews in the past, I’ll protect myself and the more others do not know the better. But now, no matter reporters or members of the crew, I can chat with everyone sincerely.

No comments:

Post a Comment