Jerry Yan Fan Meet in Manila 2004

My first time to see Jerry Yan at NBC Tent for Bench endorsement. I ask my brother Azrael to cover the event. His first experience in vlogging! I'll write a blog post about this memorable-chaotic-unforgettable experience!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Jerry Yan's car falls apart while driving - don't panic, it's just a title

CHANGSHA, China : Taiwan singer-actor Jerry Yan may have shot to fame playing the rich spendthrift Daoming Si in "Meteor Garden", but it turns out he is extremely thrifty in real life and had been driving the same secondhand car for years until it fell apart on the road.

"I was driving it on the road recently and the exhaust pipe fell off.

"The bus driver behind me kept sounding his horn at me and told me 'Your exhaust pipe has dropped off, go pick it up, quickly!'" said Yan sheepishly during an appearance on the Chinese variety show "Oppo Real Happy Camp" on Saturday.

A quick inspection of Yan's personal effects also revealed that his bag was very worn and showed signs of repeated patching, proof that the actor is one thrifty character.

"Before I stepped into the entertainment industry, my family was rather poor and my mother taught us to save and be thrifty," he explained.

However, Yan is not always a tightwad and is especially generous with his friends and loved ones.

The 34-year-old actor said that he had only recently spent more than 10,000 yuan (S$1950) on a birthday meal as well as a present for a friend.

It was also previously reported that his manager once received an expensive Louis Vuitton bag from him for her birthday.

But Yan expressed that he would be even more generous with his girlfriend.

"I'd really like to give her gifts. If her room is filled with dolls and clothes from me, she would think of me whenever she enters her room," said Yan.

- CNA/ha

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/entertainment/view/1102485/1/.html

No comments:

Post a Comment